To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at New Delhi Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport is divided into 3 terminals, T1, T2 and T3. T1 houses domestic and low-cost airlines. T2 is being used by some airlines while T1 expansions are underway. T3 is a newly built terminal for mostly international flights, with some national airlines.
- The facilities in modern T3 are simple but clean.
- Free WiFi is available. See information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- This airport has several overnight departures, so most travellers felt safe and not bothered while spending the night.
- T3’s Airside has plenty of options to stretch out if you can grab a spot. Look for the couches in the main shopping area. There’s plenty of seats with and without armrests, and carpet in most spots.
- It never totally quiets down with so many overnight flights, so bring those earplugs and sleep mask/eyeshades.
- A few travellers report airport staff asking them to move from the carpeted floor.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a transit hotel and sleeping pods inside the airport and several hotels are located nearby. See in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Showers are available in T3. See in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can buy entry to many airport lounges, and some have shower facilities. See in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our New Delhi Airport Guide. to help us keep this information up to date.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Passes - Location: Terminal 1D, Airside, Level 2/Mezzanine Level. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • • Lounge membership programs. [ ]
- - Location: Terminal 1D, Landside. Hours: open 24 hours. Private resting area ($) and showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ ]
- - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, near Gate 25. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ ]
- Passes - Location: Terminal 3, Landside, near Gate 1. Private resting area ($) and showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: • Lounge membership programs. [ ]
- Passes - Location: Terminal 3, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • . [ ]
- Passes - Location: Terminal 3, Landside, opposite exit gate 6. Private resting area ($) and showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • • Lounge membership programs. [ ]
- Passes - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Level 3. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • • Lounge membership programs. [ ]
- Passes - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Level 4. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • • Lounge membership programs. [ ]
- - Location: International Terminal 3, airside. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ ]
If sleeping in New Delhi Airport does not appeal to you, there is a transit hotel and sleeping pods inside the terminal in addition to nearby hotels within a 5-10 minute radius of the airport.
- In Transit Holiday Inn Express New Delhi International Airport - Located inside the transit area. The hotel is divided into two wings with rooms available in both the International and the Domestic wings of Terminal 3. Access from Level 5, Terminal 3. Hourly rates and day rooms are available.
- In Transit Sam's Snooze at My Space - In-transit sleeping pods are available on a hourly basis. Location: Terminal 3, International Departures, Gate 17. Rates: US$ 12/hr (single) and US$ 22/hr (double).
- In Transit - Private day rooms with attached toilet and shower facilities. Rates start at 2500 INR for 3 hours minimum (single occupancy) and 3500 INR for 3 hours minimum (double occupancy). Three locations: Domestic Arrivals (T3), International Arrivals (T3), Domestic Departures Landside (1D).
- Ibis New Delhi Airport - Located between Terminal 1 and 3. Airport shuttle is not available.
- Hotel Delhi Aerocity - (5 minute drive from Terminal 3) This budget hotel provides airport transfers (24 hours a day) are available upon request for Rs.480/- (1 Car/ 3 persons) for the pick-up and Rs.300/- for drop-off.
To see more options there is a list of on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at New Delhi Airport. Connect to the “Tata Docomo Wi-Fi” network and enter your information into the login page to receive your serial number and PIN via SMS text message. Indian mobile number required for access.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: T1 Arrivals • T1D • T2 Departures • T3 International Departures and Arrivals areas • T3 Domestic Departures and Arrivals areas.
- Baby Care Facilities -Diaper-changing facilities, baby cot, toys and more are available in the Child Care Lounges, located in every terminal. Strollers are available for use in the airport, free of charge, from T1D, T2 and T3.
- Children's Play Area - Location: International Departures
- Currency Exchange - Central Bank of India offers foreign currency exchange from two locations: (T3/International Departures, landside, Check-In Hall)(T3/International Arrivals, landside, Baggage Reclaim). Thomas Cook offers foreign currency exchange and travel services from eight kiosks located throughout T3 Domestic Departures and Arrivals and T3 International Departures and Arrivals.
- Drinking Water - Thirsty? Drinking water fountains that provide reverse osmosis treated water are available free of charge. Locations: throughout the airport.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in T3 International Arrivals and Departures areas. You can pay with US$, Euros, INR and Sterling Pound at the Duty Free shops. A variety of retail shops are available throughout the airport including at least seven convenience shops throughout the terminals for any last minute items.
- Flight Simulator - Live your dream of being a pilot or amp up those pre-flight jitters at The Cockpit flight simulator. Experience piloting a Boeing 737 in varying visibility and weather patterns, with over 24,000 airfields to choose from! Location: T3 International Departures Hours: unknown.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions are available in all terminals and operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options.
- Gaming - Amoeba offers a gaming area that is fun for the family. Locations: Terminal 3 International Arrivals and Domestic Arrivals.
- Information Desk - Information Booths can be found in T3 Airside and T3 Landside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Domestic and International passengers can store luggage for up to 30 days in the Left Luggage Room. Rates, depending on the size of the bag, are as follows: Rs. 80/- to Rs. 160/- per bag for up to 2 hours • Rs. 20/- to Rs. 40/- per bag every hour after up to 8 hours • or a flat daily rate of Rs. 200/- to Rs. 600/- per bag, per day. A valid passport or photo ID is required. Location: T3, airport connect building (Metro station) Hours: unknown
- Luggage Trolleys - Yes. At the time of this update we do not know if the trolleys are provided free of charge.
- Luggage Wrapping - Secure Wrap luggage wrapping service is available landside in the T3 Check-In Hall.
- Medical Services - Medanta The Medicity offers urgent and emergency medical care in all three terminals. In T3 Fortis Medical Facility is also available.
- Mobile Charging - At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, or email us at .
- Pharmacy - Guardian Pharmacies are located throughout the terminals and all are open 24 hours.
- Prayer Room - Location: International Terminal, Airside
- Rest Zones - Comfortable lounge style seating is available in the International Terminal.
- Showers - There are showers available in the Terminal 3, Arrivals Area, beside WH Smith. Rates: unknown. Additionally, there are 12 showers available in the "Shower and Massage Lounge" mentioned above in the . Location: Hours: open 24 hours. If you are in transit, you can also use the Aqua Pods at the Eaton Smart Transit Hotel mentioned in the .
- Smoking Rooms - Locations: T1D, 1st floor • T2, Airside, near retail area • T3 Domestic, pier junction near the retail area • T3 International, pier junction near Gate 15.
- Spa - Express spa treatments are available at Heaven on Earth Spa Express in Terminal 1D. O2 Spa offers spa treatments with a Thai-Indian element over in T3 Domestic Departures.
- Strollers - if you are travelling with young children, the airport offers free strollers in Terminal 1D.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, New Delhi airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • Air India • Emirates • Hong Kong Airlines • Lufthansa • Air France • Qatar Airways • Jet Airways • ANA • Saudia • KLM • Swiss • Japan Airlines • United Airlines • Turkish Airlines • Alitalia • British Airways • Etihad Airways • Austrian Airlines • Cathay Pacific • Asiana Airlines • China Airlines • China Southern • Korean Air • Air China • Ethiopian Airlines.
Buses in Delhi are cheap, and one of the most common ways to travel around the city. The airport is served by both state-owned DTC buses and buses run by private contractors. For schedules and fare, go to the IGI Airport Bus Service page on the Government of website.
Note: All buses serving Terminal 3 arrive and depart from a staging area opposite Centaur Hotel. The airport’s DIAL shuttles provide 24-hour service between this staging area and the airport terminals.
Carzonrent is available onsite to offer self-drive car rental or chauffeur-driven cars and limousines for hire.
The airport offers a free shuttle bus service between the Domestic and International terminals. Buses run in 20 minute intervals 24 hours a day.
Air-conditioned taxis are readily available around the clock at taxi ranks outside of the terminals. These airport-approved taxis are equipped with GPS-integrated meters to track location and ensure meter accuracy. Terminal 3 International Arrivals is served by Meru Cabs and Mega Cabs, while Terminal 1C Domestic Arrivals is served by Easy Cabs. Outside of the airport, passengers can hail a ride to the airport from any of the black and yellow taxis that serve the city of Delhi.
The Delhi Airport Metro Express is a fast and convenient way to travel between the airport and the city. Passengers traveling with select airlines can check in for their flights at the Check-In facilities in New Delhi Metro Station. For schedules and fare information, go to the website.
Connections to long-distance trains are available at Indian Railways New Delhi Station, just a short walk from the New Delhi Metro Station.
Have you been to this airport?
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning and is subject to change at any time. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please .