18 TRAVEL HACKS THAT WILL SAVE YOUR TRIP
How to Save a Trip to the Post Office
Why would anyone want to drive to the Post Office and stand in line to ship a package when you can do it so simply from your desktop? Not only will you save time and gas money but postage is discounted and the Delivery Confirmation is free when you print labels online. Let's get started.
To print a shipping label online you will need five items;
- Your PC or Mac, a printer, an internet connection, Adobe Version 5 or higher is required, your debit or credit card.
Follow the instructions below to print your first label;
- Go to www.usps.com
- Select Print a Shipping Label located at the top of the page
- Sign in on Sign up
- If you have not registered on www.usps.com, register online by clicking on “Sign Up” under the heading“Register Now!”
- Complete the requested information
- Once you are registered, for shipments to the United States, its territories and possessions, click “Go”
Fill out the Label Information
- The return address field will automatically populate with the information from your profile. You may change this and save the information in your address book
- Email: If you would like to receive automatic Track and Confirm information via email, place a check in the box
- Shipping from ZIP Code: enter the ZIP Code where the package will be mailed. If it is the same as the ZIP in the return address, click that option or click “Other” and enter the ZIP
Enter the destination address (NOTE:the ZIP code is not a required field)
- If you wish to send a system generated email notifying the recipient of shipping, enter the recipient’s email address and click the box “Notify recipient of shipping via Email”
- Reference number: This is for internal use for an Invoice , etc – only holds numeric not Alpha
- Weight: Enter the package weight – pounds AND ounces – must be accurate
- Size: If not sure of the length and girth and/or cubic foot, select “Not Sure” and the system will prompt you for dimensions
- Shipping Date: Defaults to today’s date. If you are not mailing the package today, you must select appropriate date. The system gives you 3 days from current date to choose from
- Express Mail Hold for Pickup: You can request that you Express Mail package be held at the post office for pickup rather than be delivered to the recipient. If you choose this option, the system will prompt you to choose a pickup location. Also, you will have the option to receive automated information for your package to you and/or your recipient
- Insurance Option: You may insure any article for up to 0 online. If you require more insurance, you must bring the article to the post office for mailing
- Start a Batch Order: Use this option only when you are creating multiple labels using the same package size, weight, service option and return address
Click on Continue
Choose Service and Postage Options
Choose how you would like to send the package
If you would like further information on any of the services listed, click the “?” to the right of the service
If you choose Priority Mail, you will receive FREE Delivery Confirmation.Signature Confirmation is available at a reduced rate
- If you select any Flat Rate option, you must use the U. S. Postal Service’s Flat Rate supplies**
Once you choose your Postage Option, click Continue
Go to the Shipping Cart
Review the information in your Shipping Cart.Edit any information at this time
Add to SCAN Form (Shipment Confirmation Acceptance Notice)
- Postal employee will scan this form as packages accepted.
You may select the option for this service by checking the box if desired
Select Continue or Create Another Label
Enter in the Billing Information
Enter Debit or Credit information (this information may be saved)or use the new Bill Me Later feature.
Print Shipping Labels
- You have the option to print without Receipt and Shipping instructions
- You must check Your Agreement – states that you will present any items that are liquid, perishable or potentially hazardous to a postal employee for acceptance and that all fragile items are properly packaged.
Select Pay and Print
- System will process the label. When done, it will ask if your label printed correctly. Once you select “Yes”, you are charged.
- You will receive a confirmation with the Transaction number and Label number
- You may at this point Request Carrier Pickup or Create New Label
Attach label to parcel
- Label prints to a half sheet of paper. Cut sheet in half and tape to parcel by taping around the edges. Do not tape over barcode. Your parcel is now ready to drop off or have the carrier pick it up. It doesn’t get any easier than that. If you have an address saved in your address book, it takes less than a minute to print a label.
QuestionDo I wrap box in brown paper, as I am reusing a box with printing all over it?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerUsually, as long as the recipient's address is clear, and you don't mind the recipient seeing whatever the printing is, there is no need to worry about wrapping. The wrapping helps identify the address quickly but isn't essential. However, check the laws of your country's postal service, as they may not allow this to be sent without wrapping.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if I don't have a shipping box?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can purchase one at your local office supplies store or at a post office.Thanks!
QuestionIf I have a prepaid label on my package, do I have to take it to the PO, or can it be picked up at my home?Ryderbishop1Community AnswerIt can be picked up for your home or business, taken to a post office or placed in a collection box.Thanks!
QuestionI want to ship this package from my house and want to schedule pick up, do I have to pay for anything?Top AnswererJust pay regular postage fees. If you're shipping via USPS, pick up service is free.Thanks!
After I pay the USPS click 'n' ship option, can I ask a friend to drop off the package for me (international) at the post office?
Can I write out the return label and shipping label?
What should I do if I have several boxes to mail?
Can I get a shipping label at the post office and fill it in there?
Where should I leave it for the post office to pick up?
- When creating a password, you will need at least one uppercase, one lowercase and at least one number. This system does not allow for double letters or numbers for security reasons. For example; "Roadkill777" won't work, but "1Flatcat" would.
Video: 33 TRAVEL HACKS THAT CAN SAVE YOU A TON OF MONEY AND TIME
DMarge TAG Heuer Celebrate A Fine Night In With The Heuer 01
Pasta with Walnut Pesto and Peas
HowMonica Lewinsky overcame her nerves during her TED Talk on shame
Modern Edgy Haircuts
Scientists Reveal8 Factors That Push People toCheat
CDC Commander Timothy Cunninghams body found in Atlanta river
6 Dead After Illinois Shooting
How to Report a Reckless Driver
How to Report Immigration Fraud
Alexandre Mattiussi For Bally