What Is The Safe Limit For Alcohol Consumption? - Manipal Hospital
How to Reduce Alcohol Consumption During the Holidays
Holidays and times of celebration can often present the opportunity for alcohol consumption. Since alcohol is served at many holiday events such as parties, family reunions, and more, alcohol consumption can easily become abused when people begin feeling stressed, or fail to keep track of the amount they drink. If your goal is to reduce your alcohol consumption during the holidays for health and safety purposes, there are multiple steps you can take to prevent yourself from over-drinking. Continue reading this article to learn more about the ways in which you can reduce alcohol consumption during the holidays.
Set an alcohol limit for yourself in advance before any event.By setting a goal or limit for yourself, you will know ahead of time when you need to stop drinking alcohol. For example, if you know that drinking 3 glasses of wine will cause you to feel inebriated, reduce your limit to 2 glasses of wine instead.
Inform a trusted friend, family member, or guest about your drinking limit.A close, trusted friend can help you stick to your goal, and help remind you when you should stop drinking alcohol.
Eat a full, healthy meal before drinking any alcohol.Having food in your stomach will help slow down your body's absorption of alcohol, and can help prevent you from becoming inebriated at a fast rate. Food that is high in carbohydrates and protein can reduce the effects on alcohol on your body.
- Eat snacks while you drink alcohol to help keep your stomach full throughout any holiday event. For example, eat appetizers or finger foods at parties, or bring a small bag of your own snack that is high in protein, such as nuts.
Drink your alcoholic beverages at a slow pace.If you can sip your drinks, or take breaks between drinks, you can avoid becoming inebriated and help reduce your overall alcohol consumption. For example, if you plan on being at a party for 4 hours, have 1 drink every 2 hours.
- Drink water, juice, or other non-alcoholic beverages in between alcoholic beverages if you feel fidgety, or want to continue drinking liquids throughout the holiday event.
Have non-alcoholic beverages on hand as a guest or host.Since many people present bottles of liquor or wine to the host as a formality, make sure that drinks such as water, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are available as alternate options. For example, if you are a guest, present boxes of tea bags to the host.
Politely say no when you are offered a drink after meeting your personal alcohol limit.Other friends, family members, and party-goers may try to convince you to continue drinking; especially if they are also consuming alcohol.
- Prepare an answer ahead of time if you fear that you may give in to an offer of alcohol. For example, inform others that you have to work early the next day, or that you made plans for an early-morning workout if they try to persuade you to keep drinking alcohol.
Make plans to leave a holiday party or event early.Having plans in place after a party or event can help prevent you from over-drinking and help reduce your alcohol consumption. For example, buy movie tickets for a show later in the evening so you will not feel inclined to drink additional alcohol.
- Make back-up plans in the event that you accidentally drink more alcohol than planned; such as saving money for a taxi or reserving a room at a nearby hotel. Taking safety steps such as these may prevent you from being involved in an accident caused by excessive alcohol consumption.
- If you are hosting a holiday party or event, assign a responsible person to serve drinks or to keep an eye on the bar. By monitoring the amount of alcoholic drinks being served and to whom, you can help prevent friends and relatives from over-drinking, or stop serving people who become too rowdy as a result of excessive drinking.
Video: HOW TO STOP DRINKING, REDUCE YOUR ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION
How to Sleep Better when You Have a Long Illness
What Its Like To Become Your Mothers Caregiver
How to Deal With Motion Sickness on Rides
How to Choose a Site to Webcam Model For
How to Get Happy With Very Little
Yoga Poses To Prevent Viral Diseases And Infections In Changing Season In Hindi
21 Pretty Braids to Wear All 4th of JulyWeekend
We Looked Into Whether It’s Worth Taking Adaptogen Supplements
Music May Soothe the Savage Beast of Post-Op Pain
How to Prevent Falls and Broken Bones When You Have MS
More isnt always better
How to Have a Healthy Nutritional Balanced Diet
Marc Jacobs Sephora810
Pork, Black Bean and Corn Chili