BOMB BROWS ➟ How To Get Perfect Eyebrows!
How to Get Great Eyebrows
Enhancing the look of your eyebrows is a great way to brighten up a tired appearance and get unruly eyebrows under control. With just a little effort and a few key makeup tools, you can easily create stunning results at home without having to visit a salon. All it takes is a bit of shaping and coloring to get great eyebrows. There are even several natural remedies you can try for achieving thicker brows if you’ve over plucked and are growing your eyebrows back in.
Shaping Your Brows
Brush your eyebrows using a small brow comb or brush.This is one of the most important steps to getting great eyebrows.It will be much easier to see which areas need plucking and filling in when your brows are neatly brushed.
Pluck out any stray hairs.Stray hairs tend to grow just outside the main brow area. Look for stray hairs that might be growing just below your eyebrows and around the ends. Check for strays in the area between both eyebrows, as well.
- You are just cleaning up the brow area right now and will begin shaping your eyebrows next.
- If you don’t have tweezers or dislike plucking, an alternative option is waxing. However, whereas plucking pull a single hair at a time, waxing pulls out several hairs at once. With waxing, it’s easy to accidentally pull out too many hairs so use caution.
Shape your eyebrows by plucking additional hairs where desired.Consider what shape you would like your eyebrows to be, as well as where you would like the arch. Carefully pluck hairs until you achieve your desired look. Take your time and constantly check your results in the mirror to make sure you eyebrows are symmetrical and look even with one another.
- Avoid plucking too much, which can leave your eyebrows looking too sparse.
- Instead of trying to completely change the shape of your eyebrows, it is usually best to work with their natural growth pattern.
Apply cooling gel to soothe the brow area and eliminate any redness from plucking.Aloe vera gel is helpful for soothing skin after tweezing. If you don’t have anything like that on hand, you can use some ice to reduce redness and calm the skin.
- A dab of 1% hydrocortisone cream can also help soothe redness and irritation from plucking. Be sure to avoid getting it in the eyes, though.
- To prevent redness, try tweezing immediately after showering when your pores are open and skin is softer. Your hairs will come out easier.
Filling In Your Brows
Choose an eyebrow pencil for filling in your brows.The color should be slightly lighter than your actual eyebrow color in order to create a more natural look.
- Select a pencil with a fine tip, if possible. A smaller tip allows you to draw in tiny strokes that look like actual hairs.
- A matte eyeshadow can also be used to fill in the brows if you do not have an eye pencil.
Lightly fill in your eyebrows using the pencil.Avoid adding too much color. You can always fill in more, as needed, but it is difficult to remove excess product.
- If you accidentally fill in too much color, use a tissue or a clean fingertip to gently press on the brow and soften up the color.
- If using a matte eyeshadow rather than a pencil to fill in your brows, just use a fine tipped brush to apply the shadow.
Softly brush or comb your eyebrows after filling them in with color.This will help blend in the color better, as well as smooth out any hairs that might have gotten out of place.
Apply a clear brow gel with a Q-tip or makeup brush.Using a brow gel helps set your finished eyebrow look. You’ll want one that’s clear so it doesn’t alter your finished brow color.
- Brow gel can help thin brows appear thicker by adding texture and volume to the eyebrows.
- Some brow gels to try are NYX Control Freak clear brow gel, Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara in clear, Stiles clear eyebrow gel, and Benefit Read, Set, Brow 24-hour setting gel.
Observe your finished eyebrow look in the mirror.You now know how to get great eyebrows without having to go to the salon.
- The more you practice plucking, shaping, and filling in your eyebrows, the easier it will get and the more you’ll develop and refine your skills at it.
Keeping Healthy Eyebrows
Get your daily dose of vitamin D.Research suggests that vitamin D helps prevent hair loss and can possibly promote hair growth.
- The average person need 1,000 International Units (IU) of vitamin D each day.
- Spending 15-20 minutes outside in the sun each day provides the required 1,000 IU.
- Vitamin D supplements are an option for those who do not get enough daily sun exposure.
Maintain a healthy diet.Eating healthy foods and drinking 8-10 glasses of water daily (water helps flush toxins out of your body)s will keep you healthy on the inside. When you are healthier on the inside, it will show on the outside. Your skin will look more vibrant and hair growth can improve, including the brow area.
Massage your brow area with olive oil.Massaging the eyebrow area with olive oil for five minutes each day can help stimulate hair growth by increasing blood circulation in that area.
Apply egg yolk over the eyebrows twice a week.Egg yolk is believed to improve the condition of hair follicles.Healthier hair follicles can help improve eyebrow hair growth.
- Crack open an egg and separate out the yolk.
- Gently beat the yolk for a minute with a fork to break it up.
- Use your finger or a cotton swab to smooth a bit of yolk over each eyebrow.
- Rinse off the yolk with cold water after 20 minutes.
- Repeat twice a week for best results.
Dab milk directly over your eyebrows before bed.You might have heard the expression, “milk does a body good.” Some people believe milk also does your eyebrows good. Try pouring a bit of milk on a cotton ball and dabbing it on your eyebrows before bed. Leave the milk on your brows all night. The milk is believed to nourish the brow area and promote hair growth.
- You can use any type of dairy milk you have on hand.
Apply coconut oil to the brows overnight.Coconut oil is good for your skin, in general. It is both nourishing and moisturizing. When applied to the brow area, it helps condition the hair follicles there, which can lead to improved growth during the eyebrow hairs’ growth phase.
Smear Vaseline over the eyebrows 3-4 times per day.Vaseline, or any brand of petroleum jelly, helps to moisturize and condition the skin. When applied to the brow area 3-4 times daily for at least three months, you can see improved eyebrow growth.
QuestionEveryone says my eyebrows look weird. I'm too young for an eyebrow pencil though. How can I make my eyebrows more full and pretty?Jazz3631Community AnswerDepending on how young you are, go to a beauty salon and get them shaped and tinted. A professional will be able to shape your eyebrows to suit your face and tinting them will give them a fuller look.Thanks!
QuestionI never had thick eyebrows, my eyebrows are gone. How can I make them thick?Cecilia FloresTop AnswererSome people naturally have thin brows, and that's fine because it gives your face more expression! When film started to get popular, actresses used to make their brows super dark and thin so their expressions are more prominent.Thanks!
- When plucking your eyebrows, be sure to look in the mirror to avoid over plucking.
- Use a makeup pencil in a shade that is slightly lighter than your actual eyebrow color.
- Try a natural remedy for safely growing thicker eyebrows.
- Avoid over plucking your eyebrows and leaving them too sparse. It takes some time to grow them back in.
- Avoid coloring in the brows too much as it is difficult to remove excess color without washing it all off and starting over.
Video: 5 Easy Steps to Get Perfect Eyebrows
How to Harvest Celery
How to outride cancer and heart disease
How to Prolong a Pregnancy With an Incompetent Cervix
15 Alcohol-Free Products That Won’t Dry Out Already-ParchedHair
Quick and Easy Bibimbap
Prostate Cancer Survival
20 Rugged and Sexy Guy Hairstyles
60 Hottest Celebrity Short Haircuts for 2019
15 Ways To Style A Sequin Skirt For Winter Holidays
7 Women’s Health Takeaways From theMidterms